Fatih Ozmen, Chief Executive Officer
Fatih Ozmen is Chief Executive Officer of Sierra Nevada Corporation
As CEO of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), Fatih Ozmen's leadership and vision propels SNC in its exploration of novel and cutting-edge technologies. With broad technical and business knowledge, Fatih Ozmen uses his insight and experience to anticipate the emerging technological needs of the global marketplace, allowing SNC to develop tomorrow's technologies today.
Fatih joined SNC in 1981 with a broad engineering background culminating with a M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno. He designed and developed numerous high-tech systems and managed several key integration programs during his early years at SNC. With a strong vision for the future of SNC, Fatih Ozmen and his wife Eren Ozmen acquired the company in 1994 and set their plans in motion to expand and grow. As SNC's sole owners, they also serve as the company’s top corporate officers and provide the dynamic leadership and strategic vision that have been the driving forces behind SNC's dramatic success. As a direct result of their emphasis on integrity, strategic planning, and strong financial and technical management, SNC has grown into one of the top performing Federal Contractors in the United States.
SNC continues to be a leader and maintains its position at the forefront of the electronics, communications, space and aviation industries through Fatih Ozmen's never ending enthusiasm, insight and expertise to expand SNC through a series of targeted acquisitions. With the Ozmens at the helm, SNC has grown from a company of 20 employees to a full-service systems integrator with six business areas in 31 locations in 16 states. Today, SNC has a workforce of over 3,000 personnel – most of whom are scientists, engineers, or technical personnel – and all of whom are dedicated to meeting the needs of SNC's diverse customer base.
As CEO, Fatih Ozmen leads the dedication to quality and service that is a hallmark of the entire organization. Known as a creative thinker and problem solver, Fatih continually maintains a strong customer focus, while bringing outstanding strategic management skills and extensive business leadership experience to his position.
SNC and the Ozmens have been honored by numerous organizations as a result of their successful leadership, including:
- "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space" - Fast Company Magazine (2014)
- U.S. Top 10 Nation's Fastest Growing Private Companies, "Revenue Growth for $Billion Companies" - Inc. Magazine (2011)
- "Aerospace Company of the Year" (2014)
- "Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year" (2012) and inducted as "Living Legends of Aviation" (2013) - Beverly Hills, CA
- "Ellis Island Medal of Honor" - CEO Recipient (2014)
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish-Americans - TurkOfAmerica Magazine (2014)
- "Distinguished Business of the Year" (2001)
As a tribute to the Ozmen's exceptional leadership, successful vision and extraordinary generous employee benefits, SNC was recognized by its employees as:
- Reno-Tahoe's "Best Places to Work" (2009, 2011, and 2012)
- "Denver's Best Places to Work" (2012)
- "Florida's Best Companies to Work" (2010)
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- Contact Us
- Aug 11, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Recognizes International Space Un...
- Aug 06, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chaser® ProgramAnnou...
- Aug 04, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and BioServe Cooperation Agreement...
- Aug 01, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and Lockheed Martin UnveilFirst Dr...
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News