Sierra Nevada Corporation’s ISR Business Area Earns FAA
Sparks, NV – April 10, 2012 – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recognized Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC)’s Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Business Area with the FAA’s “Aviation Maintenance Technician Employer Diamond Award of Excellence,” the highest honor an aviation-related company can receive for its maintenance technician training programs. Phil Baker, Process Improvement Manager for ISR, accepted the award today on behalf of the ISR team at the company’s facility in Centennial, Colo. facility.
SNC qualified for the prestigious award by having all 34 of ISR’s eligible employees earn 100 percent of their individual aviation maintenance training hours during 2011. The company initiated the program in January 2011 with ISR's 34 eligible employees, and if just one participant missed their training requirements by just one hour, ISR wouldn't have received this award.
“This is only possible as a team effort and I applaud each participant for contributing to the team’s success. This achievement is recognized by the FAA and our customers as evidence of a strong commitment to continuous improvement by both ISR and its people,” said Brad Griebenow, vice president of aviation programs for SNC.
The FAA launched the Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards (AMT) in 1991 to provide incentives for maintenance technicians to participate in ongoing training programs on their own or through their employer. Individuals and companies compete for five award levels with the Diamond Award requiring 100 percent of a company’s eligible employees earning their individual AMT awards during the calendar year.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation: Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its significant expansion and reputation for rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft, communications systems and solar energy. Under the leadership of CEO Fatih Ozmen and Chairman and President Eren Ozmen, SNC employs over 2,100 people in 31 locations in 16 states. SNC’s seven unique business areas are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
SNC is also the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States. Over the last 30 years under the Ozmen’s leadership, SNC has remained focused on providing its customers the very best in diversified technologies to meet their needs and has a strong and proven track record of success. The company continues to focus its growth on the commercial sector through internal advancements and outside acquisitions, including the emerging markets of renewable energy, telemedicine, nanotechnology, cyber and net-centric operations. For more information on SNC visit www.sncorp.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: generalinfo@sncorpcom or 775-331-0222.
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Aug 01, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and Lockheed Martin UnveilFirst Dr...
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Selected to ProvideMulti-Mission A...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Cooperative Understandin...
- Jul 22, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes MajorDream Chaser® N...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News