SNC awarded James S. Cogswell Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement Award
Sparks, NV – June 22, 2011 – Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is pleased to announce that their Beavercreek, OH facility has been recognized by the Defense Security Service (DSS) as having one of the top security programs in the nation. The Beavercreek Security Team was awarded the 2011 James S. Cogswell Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement Award (OISAA) on June 22, 2011 at the National Classification Management Society (NCMS) Annual Conference held in New Orleans, LA.
The Cogswell Award is the most prestigious security award given to industry by the Defense Security Service, and is awarded annually to less than 1 percent of all eligible government contractors. The selection process is rigorous and requires an exemplary security program and a minimum of two consecutive Superior DSS Review Ratings. This year, only 17 facilities were selected to receive the award out of more than 13,000 eligible facilities. The Beavercreek Security Manager credits his team’s success to the outstanding support of the local employees, and SNC Leadership’s commitment to maintaining an industry-leading security program.
About the James S. Cogswell Award
The Cogswell award was established in 1966 and is named in honor of the late Air Force Col. James S. Cogswell, who was the first chief of the unified office of Industrial Security. Col. Cogswell is responsible for the underlying principle of the Industrial Security Program. That principle is the need for a true partnership between industry and government to ensure the protection of information, materials, and programs.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its significant expansion and reputation for rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft, communications systems and solar energy. Under the leadership of CEO Fatih Ozmen and President and CFO Eren Ozmen, SNC employs over 2100 people in 31 locations in 16 states. SNC’s seven unique business areas are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
SNC is also the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States. Over the last 30 years under the Ozmen’s leadership, SNC has remained focused on providing its customers the very best in diversified technologies to meet their needs and has a strong and proven track record of success. The company continues to focus its growth on the commercial sector through internal advancements and outside acquisitions, including the emerging markets of renewable energy, telemedicine, nanotechnology, cyber and net-centric operations. For more information on SNC visit www.sncorp.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: email@example.com or 775-331-0222
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Selected to ProvideMulti-Mission A...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Cooperative Understandin...
- Jul 22, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes MajorDream Chaser® N...
- Jul 17, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Awarded Second Phase Contract toAi...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News