Sierra Nevada Corporation awarded contract to fulfill an Urgent Operational Need for Tactical Airfield Lighting Systems
Sparks, Nevada – October 27, 2010 – Sierra Nevada Corporation’s President, Eren Ozmen is pleased to announce that SNC has been awarded a contract from the US Army Air Traffic Control Product Manager’s Office through Science and Engineering Services Inc to deliver advanced mobile tactical airfield lighting systems to meet an Urgent Operational Need for four airfields in support of Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom. This airfield lighting systems will improve 24 hour helicopter and fixed wing flight operations in support of US, coalition forces and Non-Government Organizations supporting the Iraqi and Afghan peoples.
The SNC EAGLE solar airfield lighting system provides support for aircraft operations that require non-precision medium intensity runway lighting (MIRL) intensities with NVG compatible outputs for temporary, sustaining and permanent operations. Unique to the industry and unmatched in performance, the EAGLE airfield lighting system is designed to provide non-precision IFR Medium Intensity Runway Lights, Precision Approach Path Indicators, and taxi lights to enable unrestricted flight operations 24/7 with triple redundant power. The lighting system is remotely controlled from the air, tower or ground via an encrypted wireless mesh network. SNC solar airfield lighting systems are a component of the US Army Mobile Tower System (MOTS).
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its significant expansion and reputation for rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions in electronics, aerospace, avionics, space, propulsion, micro-satellite, aircraft, communications systems and solar energy. Under the leadership of CEO Fatih Ozmen and President and CFO Eren Ozmen, SNC employs over 2100 people in 31 locations in 16 states. SNC’s seven unique business areas are dedicated to providing leading-edge solutions to SNC’s dynamic customer base.
SNC is also the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States. Over the last 30 years under the Ozmen’s leadership, SNC has remained focused on providing its customers the very best in diversified technologies to meet their needs and has a strong and proven track record of success. The company continues to focus its growth on the commercial sector through internal advancements and outside acquisitions, including the emerging markets of renewable energy, telemedicine, nanotechnology, cyber and net-centric operations. For more information on SNC visit www.sncorp.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: email@example.com or 775-331-0222
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Selected to ProvideMulti-Mission A...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Cooperative Understandin...
- Jul 22, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes MajorDream Chaser® N...
- Jul 17, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Awarded Second Phase Contract toAi...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News