SNC Achieves CMMI Maturity Level 3!
Sparks, Nevada – June 16, 2006 – Sierra Nevada Corporation announced today that its Air Traffic Control and Landing Systems (ATCALS) Business Unit was found to satisfy all Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model® IntegrationSM (CMMI®) Maturity Level 3 requirements. CMMI® is recognized as the standard for benchmarking industry's maturity in engineering and management processes.
ATCALS demonstrated Maturity Level 3 compliance to CMMI® for Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, and Supplier Sourcing (CMMI-SE/SW/SS) Version 1.1 using the Standard CMMI® Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPISM) Version 1.1. The SCAMPISM A, required to obtain a Maturity Level rating, was led by a SCAMPI Lead AppraiserSM from The Process Group of Dallas, TX. The SCAMPISM A covered multiple sites (Sparks, NV, and Salt Lake City, UT) and included the systems and software engineering disciplines. “This is significant milestone that is the culmination of many years of hard work and investment,” remarked SNC’s chief executive officer, Fatih Ozmen. “It’s important to recognize the true benefit of CMMI® is improved business
practices resulting in increased customer satisfaction and higher quality products.”
The Software Engineering Institute is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University. The CMMI® product suite was developed to integrate multiple capability maturity models into a single improvement framework for use by organizations pursuing enterprise-wide process improvement.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) headquartered in Sparks, Nevada, is a fast growing innovative and agile technology solutions corporation focusing on system integration electronics engineering; manufacturing; and aircraft modification. Our current focus is to specialize in the integration; design; development; installation; and servicing of complex airborne, ground, and ship-based systems for the U.S. Government, its prime contractors, and international customers.
SNC is a privately-held, woman owned business with a strong, stable and debt-free financial foundation that provides flexible low-risk and strong financial performance for our customers. We have invested heavily over the years in experienced people, modern facilities, and the state-of-the-art equipment needed to enhance our capabilities, development efforts to our customer’s technical advantage. SNC has over 1000 employees with 24 locations in 15 states across the United States.
SNC Enterprise Business Areas:
ISR - Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
CNS/ATM - Communication, Navigation, Surveillance & Air Traffic Mgmt
C4N - Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Networks
EW/RI - Electronic Warfare / Range Instrumentation
SST - System Sensors and Technology
IMS - Integrated Mission Systems
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- Contact Us
- Aug 11, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Recognizes International Space Un...
- Aug 06, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chaser® ProgramAnnou...
- Aug 04, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and BioServe Cooperation Agreement...
- Aug 01, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation and Lockheed Martin UnveilFirst Dr...
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News