- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Dream Chaser® Testing Begins at NASA Dryden, Langley
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Shipment of Dream Chaser® Flight Vehicle to NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- Sierra Nevada Corporation's Dream Chaser® Spacecraft System Passes Third Milestone With Successful Integrated System Safety Design Review
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Hosts Charity Golf Tournament Supporting STEP2 of Reno
- SNC's Hybrid Rocket Engines Power SpaceShipTwo on its First Powered Flight Test
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News
- KRNV MyNews4.com
Sierra Nevada News & Press Releases
Acquisition of Inter-4 by Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC)
Sparks, Nevada – October 1, 2003 – Sierra Nevada Corporation announced that as of today it has completed the acquisition of Inter-4, a San Francisco-based military computer and handheld electronics development and manufacturing company.
Inter-4 specializes in development and production of low-cost, man-worn and mancarried computers and ancillary devices for enterprise, industrial and military applications. Inter-4 maintains a competitive advantage by providing high-volume innovative “COTS” solutions within a rapid manufacturing environment.
Inter-4 is now part of SNC’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Networking (C4N) business area, which is expected to evolve as a catalyst to bring SNC’s existing ISR, ATC/UAV and ITT/EW business areas together, furthering SNC’s vision of becoming a new-generation prime systems integrator. This business area will bring a simple but revolutionary soldier-centric solution by rapidly fielding ruggedized, commercial off-the-shelf computer and network-based technologies.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) headquartered in Sparks, Nevada, is a fast growing innovative and agile technology solutions corporation focusing on system integration electronics engineering; manufacturing; and aircraft modification. Our current focus is to specialize in the integration; design; development; installation; and servicing of complex airborne, ground, and ship-based systems for the U.S. Government, its prime contractors, and international customers.
SNC is a privately-held, woman owned business with a strong, stable and debt-free financial foundation that provides flexible low-risk and strong financial performance for our customers. We have invested heavily over the years in experienced people, modern facilities, and the state-of-the-art equipment needed to enhance our capabilities, development efforts to our customer’s technical advantage. SNC has over 1000 employees with 24 locations in 15 states across the United States.
SNC Enterprise Business Areas:
ISR - Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
CNS/ATM - Communication, Navigation, Surveillance & Air Traffic Mgmt
C4N - Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Networks
EW/RI - Electronic Warfare / Range Instrumentation
SST - System Sensors and Technology
IMS - Integrated Mission Systems