SNC Awarded Contract for Global Hawk Landing System
Sparks, Nevada (July 18, 2003) - Sierra Nevada Corporation announced today that it was awarded a contract from Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) for the supply of the company’s Precision Landing System (PLS) for Northrop Grumman’s Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s PLS will provide high accuracy and high integrity positioning information to the Global Hawk navigation and landing avionics during the UAV’s launch and landing phases of flight. The PLS ground equipment forms an integral part of the Raytheon Launch and Recovery Element of the Global Hawk ground system. Delivery of the first PLS system is scheduled for late 2003 with subsequent deliveries in early 2004.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) headquartered in Sparks, Nevada, is a fast growing innovative and agile technology solutions corporation focusing on system integration electronics engineering; manufacturing; and aircraft modification. Our current focus is to specialize in the integration; design; development; installation; and servicing of complex airborne, ground, and ship-based systems for the U.S. Government, its prime contractors, and international customers.
SNC is a privately-held, woman owned business with a strong, stable and debt-free financial foundation that provides flexible low-risk and strong financial performance for our customers. We have invested heavily over the years in experienced people, modern facilities, and the state-of-the-art equipment needed to enhance our capabilities, development efforts to our customer’s technical advantage. SNC has over 1000 employees with 24 locations in 15 states across the United States.
SNC Enterprise Business Areas:
ISR - Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
CNS/ATM - Communication, Navigation, Surveillance & Air Traffic Mgmt
C4N - Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Networks
EW/RI - Electronic Warfare / Range Instrumentation
SST - System Sensors and Technology
IMS - Integrated Mission Systems
- About SNC
- Welcome Message
- SNC At a Glance
- Executive Officers
- SNC SeaPort-e Services
- Contact Us
- Jul 24, 2014: Tuskegee University Joins Sierra Nevada Corporation’sDream...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Selected to ProvideMulti-Mission A...
- Jul 23, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Cooperative Understandin...
- Jul 22, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes MajorDream Chaser® N...
- Jul 17, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Awarded Second Phase Contract toAi...
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News