Eren Ozmen, Chairman and President
Eren Ozmen is the Chairman and President of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC).
Eren joined Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) in 1988, shortly after receiving her MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno. With a strong vision of the future, Eren and her husband Fatih Ozmen acquired SNC in 1994, and as SNC's sole owners, set their plans in motion to expand and grow the company. As a direct result of their strategic planning efforts, to include the successful acquisition of 19 electronics firms and their strong financial and technical management, SNC has grown into the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States.
Through the Ozmens' vision and decisive leadership, SNC has expanded to six business areas in 33 locations in 18 states and business divisions in England, Germany and Turkey. SNC has a workforce of over 3,000 personnel - most of whom are scientists, engineers, or technical personnel – and all of whom are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of SNC's diverse customer base. Multidimensional and extremely dynamic, Eren Ozmen is actively involved in all key aspects of SNC's business management.
In addition to her role as an influential businesswoman, Eren places a priority on maintaining a healthy work-life balance, promoting family-friendly policies in the corporate culture of SNC – including the establishment of an on-site daycare in 1991 for employees to use. Partnered with SNC's CEO Fatih Ozmen, this team provides the dynamic leadership and strategic vision that have been the driving forces behind SNC's dramatic success.
SNC and the Ozmens have been honored by numerous organizations as a result of their successful leadership, including:
- "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space" - Fast Company (2014)
- U.S. Top 10 Nation's Fastest Growing Private Companies, "Revenue Growth for $Billion" - Inc. (2011)
- "Tier 1 Superior Supplier" for U.S. Air Force (February 2015)
- "Aerospace Company of the Year" (2014)
- "Top Women-Owned U.S. Government Contractor" (2010, 2012)
- "Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America" (2011)
- "Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year" (2012) and "Living Legends of Aviation" (2013) - Beverly Hills, CA
- #2 Most Influential Turkish-American Woman - TurkOfAmerica (2015)
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish Americans - TurkOfAmerica (2014)
- "Top Woman-Owned Firm" for excellence in using innovative information technology solutions - GCN (2005, 2006)
- "Women Role Model of the Year" (2002)
- "Distinguished Business of the Year" (2001)
As a tribute to the Ozmen's exceptional leadership, successful vision and extraordinarily generous employee benefits, SNC was recognized by its employees as:
- Reno-Tahoe's "Best Places to Work" (2009, 2011, 2012)
- "Denver's Best Places to Work" (2012)
- "Florida's Best Companies to Work" (2010)
- Turkish Regional Aircraft Project
- Bloomberg: Betty Liu Interview with SNC's Space Systems Head Mark Sirangelo
- ABC News Sunday Spotlight: The Next Space Race
- Bloomberg: A Space Company You Haven't Heard of Worth Billions
- Bloomberg: The Battle to Build the Next Shuttle
- Dream Chaser Concept of Operations
- SNC's Space Systems Hybrid Rocket Motor Propels Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo Test Flight
- SNC's Dream Chaser Arrives at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center
- About SNC's Space Systems
- CBS News